Friday, November 18, 2011

More Christmas decorations from almost nothing


After posting pictures of the christmas mice I made, I got to thinking what else I could make from almost nothing to decorate this year.
I had an empty tomato paste tin which I covered with a scrap of burlap, filled it with sand, borrowed a star pick from a basket I have hanging on the powder room door, found some twigs in the garden and odd red berries in my crafting stash.


Next I made some gingerbread men from scraps of warm and narural, grubbied them up tied a bit of homespun around their necks and attached a jingle bell. I finished them off with a rusty wire hanger. These will probably go on the tree.





I found an old cedar plank that we had used on the barbeque, it was lovely and dirty so I attached one of the gingerbread men to it with some sweet annie and a grubby sign, made a wire hanger and it will probably hang somwhere in the kitchen.



I also wrapped my grapevine wreath with garland and it has made a good size wreath, now I have to think of something to decorate it with.

No comments:

Post a Comment