Wednesday, July 18, 2012

I am back

It has been a very long time since I posted on my blog.

2012 has not been the best so far, I can only hope things will return to normal soon, they say it never rains but it pours.

At the beginning of January my computer fell sick, it was only a couple of years old but the mother board was toast. Fortunately my Techi son in law Tim saved everything for me and has transferred it to my new computer that I bought in Canada last week.

February my 92 year old Mum in England fell and broke her hip, she has never had surgery in her life and ended up having two surgeries as the first one did not work well. It was a scary time as she was in intensive care for a short time, and has been in hospital until a couple of weeks ago. She has not walked since falling and has lost all confidence. Although she would have preferred to return to her own house, this was not possible as she needed 24 hour care. We have found her a place in a care home in Charlton Kings which we hope she will settle into. I spent April in the UK to visit and it rained every day.

There has also been a death in the family, which was sudden and a terrible shock to us all.

I had surgery here in Trinidad earlier in the year and have to return to Canada for some further surgery late August.

On a possitive note, it looks as though we are staying for another year in Trinidad. I will update you on some of the fun things we have been doing since I last posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment