Monday, June 6, 2011

It has been a while..............

Since I have blogged, life has been a little hectic.

We had a wonderful time with Stefanie and Tim when they visited. The following week I flew to the UK to visit family.

My Mum had been in hospital ( the first time in her 91 years) so I went home to give Keith & Viv a break and to help Mum with a few jobs that needed doing in her home. Keith & Viv had a week away in Brixham Devon, which was much needed as they are Mum's primary care givers and don't like to go away for longer than the odd weekend. This break was well overdue.

Fortunately the weather was very good so I didn't have to buy warm clothes once there, however I did do some Christmas shopping as things are very limited in Trinidad and we are hoping to spend Christmas here this year so I stocked up on Stocking Stuffers and a few other gifts.

Whilst I was away Doug spent a week in Nassau Bahamas on a work project, bad timing I think as I would have liked to join him.....next time maybe. Apart from work he did manage a little sightseeing and beach time.

We were hoping to have gone on a Leatherback Turtle trip when I returned, unfortunately that has fallen through so we are now trying to put together our own trip to see the turtles lay their eggs and hopefully another one to see the babies head back to the sea in July and August. It amazes me that every Leatherback Turtle will head to the beach on which they were born to make a nest and lay their eggs, nature is wonderful.

Since I returned I have been on a roll doing a lot of sewing that I will take back for Stefanie. We are heading back to Canada for a visit in early July, we have our annual physicals booked whilst we are there. Doug will only stay for 10 days but I will be there until the 23rd July. Hoping to visit Toronto Zoo with Stefanie and Tim and also get a visit to The Primitive Heart in St George. Stefanie is also trying to arrange an open house for a Christmas in July Sale. It is going to be a busy time.

Wet season started here on June 1st, Saturday we had a storm that filled the pool to almost overflowing, haven't seen so much rain for a long time. Sunday was a beautiful day and we spent the afternoon in the pool relaxing.

It is hard to believe that we have been here almost a year......where has the time gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment