Sunday, November 7, 2010

It has been a while


The month has flown by since I returned from Canada and I will be heading back again on 17th November to help Stefanie with the Ancaster Christmas Craft Show and Open House at her home. I am then flying to England for a short visit with my Mum and family then back to Canada to spend Christmas with Stefanie, Tim and Buster. Doug will fly to Canada December 18th and we will both return to Trinidad in the New Year.

We have been enjoying shopping at the local markets and trying different foods, we have made some mistakes but mastered others. They have so many starchy root vegetables which we are working our way through, we like the Casava but not sure about the Trinidad Sweet Potato, I think a small spoonful on the plate would have been enough. We just bought dried pigeon peas today to make curried pigeon peas.

I miss the soft fruits like Ontario peaches and raspberries, blueberries etc but we have discoverd new fruits like the Paw Paw

1 comment: