Thursday, December 15, 2011

My first Rum Cake


Although it is very hard to get into the Christmas Spirit as the weather is much too warm, I have been doing some Christmas baking.

Last week I sent in a tray of Christmas cookies for Doug's office, I forgot to take a picture. This week I made a Rum Cake for the first time. I had bought a lovely cast iron cake pan in the shape of a Christmas wreath so I baked the cake in it. Came out pretty good for a first attempt.




Next week I will be making a tray of Christmas Candy, I will remember to take pictures before they go to the office. I also have a lot of mince pies to make for some of the locals, we are swapping for some traditional Trini delights. Doug is very happy as most everything has rum in it.

It is only a week before Stefanie and Tim arrive to spend Christmas with us. All my presents are wrapped and will be going under the tree at the weekend. But it still doesn't feel like Christmas.



No comments:

Post a Comment