Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I am back

Was going to say "I am home" but it is hard to decide where home is. This year I have been in my home in England, Canada and of course Trinidad. It gets even more confusing when you have three currencies in your wallet, and you block your Canadian Credit Card because you used your Trinidad password. Confused? yes I am. Thank goodness I do remember to drive on the correct side of the road.

This weekend we are going to Grand Riviere, to see the leatherback turtle hatchlings who will be returning to the sea. We are staying overnight in a hotel with balconies overlooking the beach. We are looking forward to dinner as there is a lot of local fish on the menu which is caught and brought straight to the hotel. You cannot get much fresher than that. The drive will be interesting as we are travelling to the other side of Trinidad, should be fun.

Whilst I was packing my suitcases in Canada last Saturday, Doug was busy planting saplings. Last year during a very dry season there were a lot of fires which destroyed trees and plants. RBC is involved in many local projects and this was one where volunteers planted hundreds of saplings in an area that had been destroyed. Doug was a little shocked to find that he had to walk up a mountain (his words) to get to the site, they had to clear the areas for planting, dig the holes, plant and water. Many bottles of water later and a very sweaty T Shirt the task was completed.

Busy day today catching up with laundry and ironing, even in paradise you have to do mundane jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment