Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Missing Stefanie

Stefanie went home yesterday, I have really enjoyed her company this last 10 days. We have eaten too much and drunk too much wine but I think she also enjoyed her visit.

We managed to get to the Trinidad Zoo which is very small compared to the North American Zoos especially Toronto. However one advantage is that you can get a lot closer to the animals, the day we were there a group of children were visiting so we tagged onto the end of their tour with the Zoo Keeper.

We did get back to Maracas beach on Saturday, there was hardly anyone on the beach as most people in Trinidad work on Saturdays and head to the beach on Sundays. The Carribean Sea was warm when you went in, very beautiful. We spent all morning there, I can't wait until we go to Tobago which is the more picturesque of the two islands.

Doug is in St Lucia for a couple of days it is a bit lonely being on my own as I am not used to it so I can't wait for him to get back. I think he has another trip planned at the end of August to Grenad I think so I may tag along with him.

Today I am catching up with laundry and ironing.....yes you still have to do it in the tropics.

I bought a local cookery book and am hoping to work my way through it, I don't think Doug will like the Pig Tals and the Cow Foot Soup.

1 comment:

  1. loving the blog Den, looking at flights to come out and see you poss end of Feb, March let me know your thoughts on that!! Hope you are okay thinking about you xxx

    ReplyDelete